So I've read of people using a space blanket under the hammock with a UQP or even a UQ or pad. What I'm wondering has anyone sewed one of the more durable space blankets directly into the UQ. I'm thinking something along the lines of:
Code:
Inner layer
Space blanket
Insulation
Outer layer
I'm no thermodynamics expert, but my thinking is that one could get away with a good deal less insulation as the space blanket would be reflecting radiant heat back towards the user and since they are waterproof it would also serve as a vapor barrier therefore raising the effective temperature even further. Perhaps one could decrease the amount of loft needed for insulation by an inch or more?

I do also realize that the added weight of the durable space blankets means that this is purely a theoretical excerise as who wants to add nearly another pound to their UQ just to remove a few ounces? But I was curious. Does anyone else think it would work effectively? Any of our resident geniuses care to do the math and dumb it down as much as possible for those of us who use a calculator to figure out how much to tip at a restraunt?