Hi everyone

I am joining you from New Zealand where we have just had a whole bunch of snow in places where we don't normally get it.

I am into the outdoors these days being a back country fly fisherman, tramper, spear fisherman and boatie as well. Recently I have just started instructing for NZ Mountain Safety Council - mostly teaching kids how to get along in the bush.

Several months ago I bought a Hennessy Hammock and subsequently the four season insulation system. I have used the set up several times this winter and have had to put a thermarest in it to augment the insulation. Soon I shall be changing over to whoopie slings to reduce weight and bulk in my setup. I absolutely love hanging in my hammock and am often the envy of students and even other instructors here.

Hammocking is still a bit of a novelty here and not many people have even seen one in action. Since browsing on line and hooking into Hammock Forums I have learnt so much.

If anyone is ever travelling over here and wants a bit of a pointer to some nice area's -particulary fly fishing then give me a yell via email be happy to assist. [email protected]

Brownie