DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctari View Post
    I'll keep my eye on this thread and we'll see. It's a distance to drive, we are not UL and I'm not sure that my joints will handle it . Been working on making a roller of some kind, so that I can get out more...so, we shall see. Fall is my favorite time of year...and I love to get spooked just a bit (who doesn't)...and then you top of the food you all are talking about and then some wine....how could I not try to come up with something??

Images
    Diva I have posted an invitation to stay at my house if in some way that would be helpful to you. Sure hope you can make it. If there is anything you need let us know.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Reckon View Post
    C/Z If I wanted to attend the Halloween Hang, I would not let the fore mentioned reasons sway my decision. It would be a 4 mile hike,each way, over unmarked trails to approach Browning Hill. No common prankster would put forth the effort to do so. If someone would put forth the effort, they would have to know exactly where the group is hanging. And how to get there. Which would logically narrow the group of prospective pranksters to our circle of friends, that haunt the unmarked byways of the Hoosier National. Kindred spirits! Not evil spirits. A well planed prank executed by our friends would only add to the festive air! The folks who attend the Hoosier and Halloween Hangs from here and surrounding states, have all been possessed of good moral character. Kind, obliging, open minded and inclusive. It would be difficult to find yourself in better company. As far as the spooky factor is concerned. Halloween, in reality Samhain, does not occur until Oct. 31'st. So you will also be home safe from that Magical Spirit Night. When the mundane laws of space and time are temporarily suspended. One of two nights a year when the thin veil between the worlds is lifted. Permitting the souls of the departed to pass through this realm. On their way to final resolution! It is their resolution they seek! Not ours! BTW, I will probably not be able to attend the Halloween Hang. So I will not cast an official vote. But the only place to be on Halloween is Browning Hell! I mean Hill! Al
    Dead Reckon, I would like to make a request that you take the time to write what you know about the Indians and the hill. It's very interesting.
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    +1 to that. Moar Hill Lore!
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    DIY Whipped End
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx.
    Insulation
    DIY UQ by Mule
    Suspension
    Web'g@Buckles

Browning Hill Lore

Mule, Rolloff, somewhere in the vicinity of my desk. Buried under a layer of cast off debris. Resultant of my frequent attempts to clarify my thoughts on a range of topics. Is just such a paper. I would in fact, at some future gathering. Perhaps at the Hill. Be delighted to discuss the spiritual theater that occurs there from time to time. But only in the proper place and after deference to the attendant spirits to assure them of our respect for their ways. Their beliefs may be ancient and those who yet languish there may be of old. But that does not mean they are not real, and it does not mean they are not powerful. I would not disrespect their tradition! Big Al
    Never confuse the facts with the truth! It ain't easy bein' geezy

Hammock
    Home Made from Acer
    Tarp
    Kelty
    Insulation
    Body Fat
    Suspension
    Mule's Special
    Images
    Reminds me of last year....

twice my hammock started swinging on it's own....( no wind )
    Noises near the rocks......never heard them before....
    something bumping me
    batteries dying
    Now before we get all spooked out....I spent 22 days and nights in the hills of Idaho on a training mission in the service.....im not afraid of the dark..or things that go bump in the night......
    But there is some interesting things going on on that hill.....

Jerry
    The only Easy day was yesterday.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 4s
    Insulation
    Shamu & RAB
    Suspension
    All in One whoopie
    Images
    Damnit Man!

Here I was thinking,
    "Cemetary, awesome maybe we'll see some orbs or something classifiable as paranormal."
    and now you're telling me the best chance out that would have been Browning Hill. I almost wanna change my vote.

Jerry,
    When I put your coordinates into my GPS (read: google maps) I get a site not far from monroe lake, and just off the dead end of Axson Rd. In Bloomington. I can't locate a Charles Deam Wilderness Rd. on G.maps. Now, this has to be the same general area cause Terril
    Cemetery is marked not far away and it is east of 446 south of the causway. The site doesn't look as inaccessible as your description made it sound. If I'm wrong then please by all means correct me (I blame google anyway). But, if I'm
    right this site shouldnt be difficult for anyone to reach, being just 600ft or so from a road.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 4s
    Insulation
    Shamu & RAB
    Suspension
    All in One whoopie
    Images

Fyi

Quote Originally Posted by farmersalmanac.com
    October 28th-31st. Stormy for the Ohio River and Great Lakes, where some wet snow could fall.
    I just pulled this from the Farmer's Almanac website. It's not alway 100% accurate, but has generally been a good guidline for me in the past.
    So, for those coming be prapared for cold, wet conditions, with a chance of light snow.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Hammock
    Home Made from Acer
    Tarp
    Kelty
    Insulation
    Body Fat
    Suspension
    Mule's Special
    Images
    Aaron where will you be coming from.....

Your right, the ruins is east of 446 and South of the cause way.....
    The only Easy day was yesterday.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    The Hill is the place for lore, and I can respect that. Might just head that way myself and let it the spirits do the talking.

That part of Terrel Ridge was the very first place I ever backpacked into in the HNF. But if you're dragging in a party, it's just about perfect. Good landmark. Large place to park/meet. Flat, and not too far away from the car. The bushwhack west from the cemetery is a good move. The Pond gets a lot of campsite pressure, and water from it extremely soup at best.

A great night hike-in
    Signature suspended

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast