I did a 34 mile hike this weekend on the AT from Ashby Gap to Harper's Ferry. It was a glorious hike. My buddies were giving me a hard time, dubbed me "Paco the Bear Taco" but I slept better than I ever have on a camping trip before. I had a standard HH Asym Expedition with stock tarp, a 32 deg bag from LL Bean Synthetic non-compressable, an REI silk bag liner and a thermarest. I packed long johns and head covering. I slept in boxers and a short sleeve shirt. The second night out it POURED on us, my friends were worried for me, I slept great and was bone dry. I woke up later after the storm passed, my tarp was flapping a bit. I got up to pee and tighted the tarp. The sky was clear and the stars breathtaking. I took the tarp up and went back to sleep gazing at the beautiful heavens above. The last night it got down to upper 30's lower 40's again no issues, I didn't need the longjohns and slept with the bag half zipped. Thank you to all those who helped me climb the learning curve and made my first hiking trip with a hammock a very sucessful one.