The Ultimate Hang: An Illustrated Guide to Hammock Camping, a new book with more than 200 illustrations to help you get off the rocks and elevate your sleep, written and illustrated by Derek Hansen (a.k.a dejoha), will be available November 2011!

The book is targeted at those who are new to hammock camping, along with hangers who have a few trips under their belt and are looking for tips and techniques to optimize their experience. For the experienced and pro hammock users on this forum: evangelize!

The book includes all the basics on how to stay dry, warm, and bug free along with hanging techniques, best practices, terminology, and new technology for modern hammock camping year round. Those familiar with dejoha's illustrations on the forums will find the same clear, concise format re-imagined in pen and ink that will leave you saying, "Ah-ha! That's how you do it!"

My goal with writing the book was to capture the essence of hammock camping in a fun, easy-to-understand format that I would enjoy thumbing through time and time again.

What's Your 'Ultimate Hang' Drawing

Just for HF members, here's your chance to get a free copy of The Ultimate Hang! The book describes "the ultimate hang" as that picturesque vista where you've hung your hammock (for me, that includes the three "bunk bed" hammocks I have in my kids' bedroom!). Get your name in the drawing twice for more chances to win! Here's how:

1. Put your name in the pot by 'liking' the Ultimate Hang on Facebook. Add your HF moniker to the post (e.g., 'dejoha') for recognition!

2. Get your name in the pot a second time when you post a photo on the Ultimate Hang Facebook 'Wall' or tag your photo with "The Ultimate Hang" in your gallery so it will appear on the page.

You must 'like' and post/tag your ultimate hang photo by October 31 to be eligible for the drawing.

Thank you for your support!

P.S. This is a pre-publication notice. Final pricing and availability will be posted here once publishing and promotions are in place.