Well, just returned from great hang this weekend at the Cheaha Wilderness area in North West Alabama. We had 13 participates, 14 including Cooper the Golden Retriever. Most of us arrived on Friday evening and we decided to setup base camp in Turnipseed camp. Some of the group decided to strike out early Saturday morning and hike up onto the ridge to spend Saturday night. Another group, with me included, decided to day hike up the Chinabee Silent Trail to the Pinhoti, then north to the McDill overlook. We were thinking it was going to be about 5-6 miles round trip, but it turned into 9. It was quite the rough climb with lots of rocks and about 1200 feet of elevation climb. However the view from the ridge was well worth the climb....spectacular!!

We also came across an old plane crash that I believe happened back in the 70's, which was pretty interesting.

We made our way back into camp by way of the Cheaha State park store and a car left back to camp, otherwise the walk would have been 12 miles. All in all, another great outing in the Cheaha wilderness, and I can check of a section of the Pinhoti as being done. Below are a few pics and an attempt at a video....

For those that could not make it, we hope to do another in spring.