Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dislike Dynaglide Colors?

FYI for those that are not fans of Dynaglide colors:

Don't get me wrong. Bright colors have their place. But sometimes one wants to be less obvious, or at least, a desire not to clash.

Dynaglide
    comes in two colors. Bright green and bright orange. The colored coating seems to make it a bit stiff...which can be good...or less desirable.

Browsing New England Ropes, I came across STS-12-75, which according to their .pdf catalog was formerly known as Endura-12. Similar to Dynaglide, it is a single braid dyneema, 12 strand, and spliceable. It comes in a variety of sizes, one of which is 2mm, having 1000# tensile strength. Comes with blue, red, green, grey, or white (clear) coating and seems less stiff than Dynaglide. Unlike Dynaglide, STS-12-75 is listed at 3g/m instead of 1.5g/m. I weighed 15' of Dynaglide and 15' of Endura-12 and (at least on my scale) they were both 11g (2.4g/m).

I had a hard time finding many places that sold it as STS-12-75, but quite a few that listed Endura-12 2mm (they did not make a 2mm line in the previous incarnation of Endura-12, the smallest was 3mm--when I bought mine I was assured that it was the STS-12-75)

So size wise, STS-12-75/Endura-12 2mm is the same as Dynaglide, with the same tensile strength, but it feels much less stiff (feels much more like amsteel blue). And it is not so brightly colored! I would have liked grey, but the place I ordered from was out and I got 600' of clear/white instead.

That should last a while...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FWIW, a search of "Endura" on HF results in only 3 previous mentions of this line:
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ghlight=endura
    Last edited by BER; 10-27-2011 at 17:13. Reason: grammar and spelling police are after me!

• + New Posts