I just spent one of the most miserable nights I have ever had in my hammock! The temp got down into the low 30's and I thought I was going to freeze to death! I admit to being a cold sleeper, but this went way beyond that!
My WL UQ is rated at 20*and my HG Summer Burrow TQ with extra down is rated at 30*. The TQ along with every piece of clothing I brought with me, kept me fairly warm topside but I couldn't get warm below! I have slept comfortably with this setup to 42*but with last nights temps in the low 30's my gear was out of it's league!
I have a reflectix sit pad that I used underneath me. It extended from shoulders to upper thighs. It was a life saver! Every other part that wasn't covered by the reflectix was cold!
My feet were miserably cold. At one point I got up and walked around camp to get the circulation going in my feet! When I crawled back into my hammock I put my down jacket into the footbox of my TQ for additional warmth, but it offered precious little help!
In two weeks I'm going with a troop of BS for a two night trip. Can you offer suggestions as to what I can do to be better prepared for the colder temps? I don't think I could stand another night like that!
Thanks