I can imagine this idea has been kicked around before, but I would like to kick it again, or for the first time as the case may be...

I use 3/4" polyester webbing for my suspension. I wrap it around the tree like huggers, then run it to my carabiner that is attached to my SR and hammock cord. I attach the carabiner with a MSH using the biner as the toggle. Heavy system for a heavy hanger! I prefer over-engineering over sudden descent and landing!

All that being said, here is my idea for the tarp ridgeline. I have used a continuous ridgeline before using paracord. I have a cheap blue Wal-Mart tarp until I have budget for lighter options. I was thinking of tying a piece of shock cord in a loop through the grommet that runs along where the ridgeline goes & then tie a prussic with paracord to the hammock suspension (webbing), connecting the two loops with a small 'biner. Put this under some but not full tension, then as you enter the hammock, it follows down with the sag, but keeps tight. I modified my tie-outs last night and incorporated 1 foot of shock with my utility cord, so I can put them under tension as well to take up the slack. An adjustable ridgeline can be incorporated for a higher hang above the hammock. Prussic allows user to raise connection points higher on suspension for ventilation/view, or lower for weather protection. May not work for all tarp configurations, but maybe several. One less thing to chafe the tree bark, and it might make life easier. Dumb idea? Old idea? Be gentle. I am a noob!