New to the forum and hammocking, and just took delivery of my Claytor JH. I'd like to set up a ring buckle system, and had a few questions (I tried to read through all 70 pages of the sticky, but my eyes glazed over at about page 5)! Don't know a lot about hanging a hammock or the forces involved, so these are probably some very basic questions:

I'm planning on starting with a system just like the one detailed on JustJeffs website.

For those familiar with the JH, will it be OK to run the cord through the existing 'tunnel' that the stock webbing runs through? What kind of knot would be best to secure the cord with once it runs through the hammock?

How about the cordage. Is the BPL Air Core Plus working well, or have you found something better?

How much webbing have you found works best on each side of the hammock? I think 6.5' is shown.

Anything else I need to be aware of in those 70 pages? System seem to be working well for people?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my newbie questions. I have learned a lot already in my short time on the forum!