So my setup is getting close to being all together.. And- i got to thinking-- "what if i have to go to ground cause of no trees or any other reason-- how will i do that?".. so that brings me to here.. I have a couple of senarios..

1. Do you just use your tarp and pole(if you have one) and make a small tent and dont use your hammock at all? But when you do that and if it rains-- doesnt the water come in the sides of the tarp and get you wet? What do you sleep on-- do you always take a pad to sleep on? Ill have a underquilt setup-- so i wont really have a pad with me..

2.do you rest your hammock on the ground-- and if you have bug net-- get into it? If you do this-- do you use your poles to bring up each end ---so you have some headroom and then sleep in the middle of the hammock on the ground?

3. If you do use your hammock on the ground-- how do you keep the hammock from getting punctures from being on the ground(rocks-pebbles-sticks-thinks you just dont see)-- do you use a ground cloth? When you go on trips do you always bring a ground cloth just in case you might end up on the ground? What is the best ground cloth to use?

4.What about using a 2qzq hammock protector as the ground sheet-- hammock inside of that and you in the hammock(so i can zip up the bug guard if its in summer).. Would that work or would that silnylon be too thin to really protect the hammock..

Or do you guys use another scenario that im just not thinking of? Im trying to find the best way to go to ground-- still be semi comfy and not really impact my pack weight toooooo much..