I travel from ship to ship, and though most lines give me a very nice outside passenger cabin with a nice big bed, one does not. I often get tired of sleeping on the little twin bed as the mattress itself is uncomfortable. I took my Singlenest once and after setting it up I decided to take a short nap and slept for 2 hours straight. I began taking it from time to time. It is often a challenge to find a way to hang it. In the first cabin I used a small nylon strap with a loop on each end to go around the hinge of a fold-up top bunk, then attached the carabiner to it. I then used a tie-down strap and hooked it around the top hinge of the bathroom door and hooked the other end of the hammock to it.

In these pictures I ran the small strap through a hole in the base of the top bunk and hooked the hammock to the strap, I then used the top hing of the cabin door. I just looped the strap over the hing and closed the door. There was no need to hook the hook since there was no way it would pull through. I made sure I locked the door so the cabin steward couldn't open it while I was sleeping.

It is difficult to get the perfect setup in these cabins, but I was comfortable. I love this little hammock since it is so easy to pack and take with me.