View Poll Results: I am interested in purchasing a:

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • DD Travel Hammock (Netting)

13 92.86%
  • DD Camping Hammock

0 0%
  • DD Camping & Travel Hammock (1 of each model)

1 7.14%

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images

CLOSED:Interest Check: DD Hammock Group Buy.

Okay. I've been talking to Nick, founder of DD Hammocks, about pricing for a group buy on the hammocks mentioned in this thread. I am posting this thread to gauge the interest and get an idea on how many hammocks that this group buy may entail. I am setting this up as a poll so that I can get a fairly accurate count of those interested. I just asked about pricing of the 2 models of hammocks: the Camping Hammock and the Travel Hammock. I did not get pricing on tarps, but I can if there is enough interest. Here some info and pics of hammocks.

Please do not vote in the poll unless you are serious about purchasing one or more of the hammocks

If you are ordering more than one of any particular model, please let me know so that I can adjust the count. If you change your mind about purchasing a hammock, let me know so that the count can be adjusted.

Camping Hammock:

Size: 2.7m x 1.4m (~8.6' x 4.6') (comfy for people up to 6ft 5", ~330 lbs)

Weight: 700g (~1.54 lbs) (not including extra 10m of webbing)

Color: Olive green

Includes: 6m of webbing attached plus 10m of new stronger rope / webbing and a small stuff sack.

Travel Hammock:

Two layers of nylon so you can insert a pad/ thermarest in cold weather.

Size: 2.7m x 1.4m (~8.6' x 4.6') (comfy for people up to 6ft 5")

Weight: 1.2kg approx (~2.65 lbs) - please note it comes with 10m (~33') of our new/ stronger webbing, which doesn't stretch, attached (5m at either end) - the webbing weighs approx 400g (~.88 lbs).

Color: Olive green

Includes: 10m of webbing (5m attached at either end), 2 x 2m lengths of elastic rope to support the mosquito net and a small stuff sack.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick @ DD Hamocks[B
    Pricing:[/B]
    Regarding shipping to the USA, this is unfortunately not cheap. On our website we advertise $50 shipping on any size of order - this is for purchases at the prices listed on our website. For a group buy the postage costs would be at cost price as given below:

Up to 10 Hammocks: $130
    10 - 15 Hammocks: $170
    If the number is greater than 15 I can quote you a price based on the exact number.

Up to 10 Hammocks:
    DD Camping Hammock - $36
    DD Travel Hammock (seconds) - $46

10 - 20 Hammocks:
    DD Camping Hammock - $33
    DD Travel Hammock (seconds) - $42

Over 20 Hammocks - please contact me for a quote.

For example if you were to order 15 Travel Hammocks (seconds) the total price each person would pay (including shipping) would be $53.33!

The only reason they are seconds is because of missing or weak mosquito net loops - other than that there is nothing wrong with them. There are normally 5 loops to support the net at either end so even with a couple of unusable loops the net can still be supported and with 10 minutes sewing you can have all the loops back in place.
    Additional costs would be PayPal fees and the cost of shipping the hammocks out to everyone once I get them. I estimate the PayPal Fees and USPS shipping to be around an additional $10 or less. I will have to get an exact price for shipping. Worst case scenario, you are looking at about $63 for the final cost of the more expensive Travel Hammock. Be sure to take into account that a Claytor Jungle Hammock, which is very similar to the Travel Hammock, will run you about $100 if purchased from the Claytor website.
    Last edited by headchange4u; 06-02-2008 at 07:58.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

• + New Posts