I was working with the girlfriend tonight to put together one of Duane's hammock chairs and I had an idea I wanted to try out. I took the design of the trekking pole pockets from the Jerry chair and added them to the head of the hammock chair.

This was a lightweight addition which, based on the current design, was also wide enough to turn inside out as the integrated stuff sack.

I tried it out tonight, but it was a bit difficult to get the lean correct on carpet and 1.1oz ripstop. As soon as I can get a dry spot in the grass I was going to try it there.

Pros:

• Adds one more function to the hammock char
  • Replaces the integrated stuff sack

Cons:

• May be a bit too slick with 1.1oz nylon

Has anyone else tried doing this with Duane's design? I didn't do any pics of this since it was thrown together as a proof of concept idea and the girlfriend does not consider the stitching to be her best work. We'll try doing another chair based on some other ideas I had tonight and if that turns out I will upload some pics.

Does any one see any major disadvantage to doing this other than the thinner 1.1oz fabric? My final fabric will be 70d silnylon so it should be a little more sturdy.