Just wanted to say all to everyone. Seems like a very knowledgable group of members here. What brings me here? Well I have always been an outdoorsman however when my 5 year old and his brither the three year old were born it put a major halt to my overnight escapades. I am an active member at BCUSA, and a group of us got together at Green Ridge Park in Maryland. Well I tell ya I slept in my tent and really cant remember the ground being so hard!! I recently did another overnight in my half shelter and confirmed it, the earth is increasing in density (or could be my +40 year body starten to give me a message)!! So what to do? I searched many threads at BCUSA and many of members swear by hammocks and the recurring consensus eas to check out the good folks over at hammock forums.
Recently got my REI dividends and am considering a ENO doublenest, amsteel 1/8 whoopie slings and climbing webbing tree straps. (please forgive my attempt at the jargon if it is wrong!!).
Like to give a big thanks to Shug, your youtube video are informative and very entertaining to say the least!! Your positive reputation proceeds you.

Thanks all,

Brian