Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

DIY Bugnet Question

Hey all, just want to start by saying this board is awesome! Been a ground dweller up until recently, but I am so pumped about getting diving into my own custom setup. Eventually I would like to sew my own tarp and possibly hammock, but for now I am using an ENO DN converted to whoopie slings and the ProFly tarp with some tarp tensioners I made out of shock cord.

I am pretty much set for my 5 day trip to Cumberland Island, GA to hang with the wild horses, but one thing keeps going through my head. Mosquitoes. I originally thought I would just wrap up in the DN to get away from them but now I'm really starting to want the lightest possible bug net.

Anyway, I really would like to try out Fronkey's plan for a DIY net but I am unsure of where to (or if I even can) find the lightweight netting in stores. I would buy it online from some of these small retailers but I only have three days until I leave for the island, so I was hoping to find a quick fix.

If anyone has any ideas on either where I could find the material without having to order it, or any other alternative (temporary) options for bug protection on this trip, it would be greatly appreciated!

Also - thanks to all the regular posters who I have already learned so much from!

-Ethan

(Edit: Guess I could have posted this in the other forum, sorry. I'll learn!)
    Last edited by laneef; 05-03-2012 at 12:40.

• + New Posts