HELLO! my name is Nick and I have yet to choose a cool camping name, I am thinking BPH (BackPackHiker), Luigi (Because I always camp with my bro, Mario Brothers), Ice Man (because I am always cold). Below is my story of why I started Camping and little bit about where I am at now...

Well I just purchased a new single tent to start doing some serious camping. I went over to my brothers house and he showed me his new basic hammock and said that this is what he is planning to use from now on. I tried it out and realized that sleeping in a hammock is 100 times more comfortable than sleeping on the ground. So I started to do some research and realized there are so many different hammocks to choose from for camping and that this method of camping has been going on for decades! I purchased my first hammock a DD travel hammock and tarp, I went out and tried it. I was not very comfortable but had fun. I thought that this isnt as great as I first imagined. (PS you can see the video of my first night on the Forum). I though maybe I just need to work it in. So I took it on a coupe of Kayak trips with my friend who owned a expidition Hennesy hammock, (we both purchased hammocks at the same time without knowing each other was interested kinda neat). I took a look at his hammock and realized I need something different. So I started doing some reviews and got my hands on a Warbonnet Blackbird, Bear Mountain Bridge by Jacks R Better and a Grand Trunk Nano 7. Now were talking. I haven't stoped camping since. I have started a video series called 12 months in a hammock(which you can find on youtube or the forums video page) and have been testing out new hammock gear ever since.

I find that hammock camping is super addicting and once you start you just cant stop