Hello hangers,

I don't know if this thread is more appropriate under Manufacturers > Dream Hammocks. So, I hope the mods will put it where it belongs...

Does anyone here have any experience with DangerBird overcovers, wintersocks, etc.?

At this moment Papasmurf and I are exchanging thoughts about custumizing a DangerBird Hammock. He's thrown in some great ideas about reducing the overall weight.

One of the debates I'm now having with myself is whether the overcover should come separately or if I should just leave it out complete. Virtually all of my hiking takes place in warm and humid climate. For the few times that I go up to the cold mountains, my 3-season TQ/UQ system seem to do the job perfectly. Then there's those very infrequent times when I go to cold regions of the world, but I have yet to use a hammock in those conditions.

In those cases it only makes sense for me to have an overcover/sock if it replaces another piece of gear, like a tarp, or if it boosts the temp rating of my current 3-season insulation gear. But f it only acts as "extra protection" perhaps I should make do with out it.

Also, I wonder how a wintersock gets rigged so that it doesn't compress the UQ insulation.

I have zero experience with hammocking in the winter, so all your comments and advices are highly regarded.

Cheers,

R