I am looking at making a new hammock. My original attempt is wonderful and I've begun sleeping in it full time, but it's a 1.7 double and I'm looking to lighten the load a bit. I am also looking at making a 50* TQ's and UQ's and two 0* full length quilt sets (all down). I will probably keep the 1.7d as my inside hammock or pass it onto my son.

I had originally thought of making a 1.1 dl but as I look through the forums I'm wondering if I should make one with an internal layer of 0.9 taffeta and the external 1.1. Has anyone done one like this? Is there a strength or comfort difference?

I also see Momentum 90, 50, crinkle taffeta, 30d, 70d and a lot of other names for the products that mean nothing to me. Can someone help translate these names that are "Greek to me?"

My last question, I'm looking for a supplier with reasonable prices and a relatively decent color selection. Because I am looking at making a number of different items, I'd prefer to be able to use some color to quickly see which quilt set is which. I'm looking for Navy, Royal, Black but am having a hard time finding these from the same vendor.