DIY 12' BlackCat
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedar328 View Post
    Awesome report Chard!!

Thank you so much for arranging this great hang (my first) and you have done it true justice in your report. I am glad to know that a little good scotch can erase any "black marks" on my record

I did happen to notice there was no explanation or account of that nasty little gash on your shin obtained while retrieving your canoe.. I think?

It was great to meet you all and I look forward to our paths crossing again!

Cheers

Cedar.
    Yeah, I got that shaving..

Seriously though, I store my canoe in my mom's garage about 6' off the ground on a custom wood shelf. Apparently someone had placed a piece of plywood/ formica under the canoe for storage so when, in the dark and at 4am, we pulled out the canoe, it fell right on my shin. I didn't realize how bad it was until we hit Huntsville. It does look nasty though.

I like the shaving story better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvr View Post
    In my defense, and if my wife is reading this, those two girls practically jumped in my hammock without asking
    Seriously Ryvr, those underquilts are powerful mojo and not to be trifled with! I don't think even wild horses could have kept those two petite ladies from forcing their way past you and jumping those hammocks the way they did. Not even wild horses I tell you!!!

Oh and I probably got some of the facts and some of the sequence of events wrong. That was the best I could recollect. If any of you guys have anything you'd like included, just give me a shout and I'll be happy to edit our trip report.
    Last edited by Chard; 10-04-2012 at 20:49.
    Survival is about getting out alive, Bushcraft is about going in to live - Chard (aka Forest-Hobo)

Upcoming EGL Hangs:
    tbd. For EGL notifications, subscribe to the EGL Hang Notification Thread
    EGL Trip Reports:
    The Collection Follow me on Instagram

• + New Posts