Greetings everyone -

My name is Tom and I am in Denver, Colorado. I have been hunting and camping since I was knee high to a grasshopper although was recently introduced to hammocking from a close friend of mine. "D" is a bit eccentric but usually ends up warm and dry - something hard to argue with (he is also a regular on this forum so I will save the rosting for around a camp fire). I researched a bit and relied heavily on his recommendation (he advice has served me well up to this point so no reason to doubt it here) and splurged on a Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 double with a superfly just this afternoon.

I hunt pretty much every year and end up on the ground where, without fail, I wake up miserable and still tired. You just learn to deal with it - I was an 11B for 5 years with a tour in Iraq - drink water, change your socks and drive on. I want to make my hunting experiences better and ramp up my hiking/camping activities through the colder months. Something had to change and my method of sleeping was it. SO PLEASE feel free to guide me in the cold weather application of hammocking.

So, that's a bit about me and my background. A group of us is planning on doing a cold weather camp and shoot event a few weeks into November, hence the hammock purchase. Hoping this changes my perspective of and pain level from camping and hunting!