Hello everyone.

I have an idea for a bridge hammock suspension and was wondering what everybody thinks of it.

The idea is a whoopie sling that is made for each end of the hammock (obviously), but is made with one continuous piece of amsteel. To do this first you take a piece of cord maybe 16 to 20 feet long and make a locked Brummel with a small loop (I guess loop size doesn't matter that much) in one end. Then attach this to one loop (ring, or whatever is on the corners of your bridge) on the hammock (if you have a bridge hammock where the side you get in matters, then you want to start on the side you get in) using a prusik. Next step is to figure out how long you want the sides of your triangles to be. I had difficulty doing this as you will hear in a moment. After you determine the length, attach the cord to the other loop on the hammock leaving enough cord to make your triangle. I did this with a prusik and then buried the entire rest of the length of cord through an out at the peak of the triangle ( which was the difficult part for me because I didn't know how much the cord would shorten). Then you would go out to the marlin spike hitch and the line would come back and bury into the other leg of the triangle.

So your adjustment is done on one of the legs of the triangle and you have used one continuous piece of cord. On my first try at this experiment, I had about 2 inches or cord going between the 2 legs of the triangle at the peak, where you could attach a ridge line if you wanted.

So I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this, likes/dislikes?

The advantage I see in this method is that you can shorten the minimum span because you don't have 2 feet of bury off of the peak of the triangle.

I have installed this on my BMBH and will be testing it this weekend in the field. Have already tested on my hammock stand and seems to work well.

Sorry not more pics... was in my basement with poor lighting, will hopefully get more up sooner rather than later.

Mark