Princess Place Preserve

I had an opportunity to go on a short hike with my Brother-in-law yesterday at a great little place near St. Augustine, Florida yesterday. I was super excited as I just got a new to me Osprey Aether 85 from HF member body942, and had not been able to test it out yet.

We started out after lunch with my father and didn't get there til almost 2:30. The weather was perfect, if not a touch warm. The preserve is 1,500 acres of beautiful land. Mix of marshes and hard woods and of course, plenty of palmetto scrubs.

We saw plenty of wildlife. Deer, Armadillo, Great Blue Heron and what I could have sworn was an Osprey.

The trails are very well marked and pretty wide in most spots. There were a few sections that were muddy, but easily walked around. We must have done something right yesterday. Just as we finished our exploring and got in the truck, it started raining. It was like we had planned it!

This is a great place for family gatherings, picnics, group camping (not positive on the hammock rules or abundance of trees in the group area) or just to get in the outdoors.

As a side: Thank you to all those that write trip reports. I never realized how difficult they are to make and sound interesting and the work in transfering pictures. Keep it up!!!

My new pack

Awesome oak

Princess's house

Stable

Deer........I promise

Don't hang from this one

Lt. Col. Bradley