Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images

FL>LWRSF>Arbuckle>Nov30-Dec2>Grave Island hang

Ok folks... after spending the weekend hanging and relaxing I have decided that I need some more of that please! This will have to be a smaller hang and since it is a bit last minute I think that shouldn't be a problem

This will be on the Arbuckle tract of the Lake Wales Ridge State Forest. We'll hike in after work on Friday November 30th (we'll leave at 5:15) so it will be hiking and setting up your hammock in the dark. It will be at our "Grave Island" primitive camp site. I haven't checked how many good hang sites there are at that site but my memory is that it doesn't have a huge number of sites for hammocks so we might need to do a little bit of hunting. There is water nearby and a campfire ring and small picnic table.

We will gather at the same place that we gathered for the Sherpa hang (Google will take you right to where we are meeting... here). If you do a Google maps search for "Rucks Dairy Road Frostproof FL" then it will point you to the location where we'll park/meet. It is about a two mile hike in to the camp. I'll have further details with maps, gps points, FL Hangers web page links, etc. in the coming days when I have the time.

This site is the place to go to if you want peace and quiet (except for the coyotes at night). It should be very relaxing for those that come. I'll have to pop out for a while Saturday evening to attend the Frostproof Christmas parade (everyone is welcome to come along).

Come on out if you need some more woods time!

edit: I have a page up on the FL Hangers web page

https://sites.google.com/site/flhang...ve-island-hang

Dave
    Last edited by samsara; 11-19-2012 at 12:57.
    The best things in life aren't things. -- Art Buchwald

• + New Posts