Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
I've been curious about which tarp and mods if any people are using for the WB RR. At 7.5 ounces you'd done very well.
Another question related not to this tarp but maybe, and def. related to bridge hammocks. If you wanted to bring the tarp all the way to the ground on all sides to block all the wind possible how does that affect the bridge? Seems like that would be easier to do than in a gathered end.
I missed Cranky Bear's WB RR at MAHHA and hate that, might be a while before I can get first hand on one.
Hi MedicineMan. I think that it's actually a little tougher with the bridge as the spreader bars are quite wide, and you would need a really wide tarp to get all the way to the ground and still clear the ends. Ultimately, I think the Winter Palace would get one pretty close, but I opted to go with the regular 8.5ft width as I will be using it in conjunction with WB's Spindrift for rough weather and winter. Even with the Spindrift and this tarp together, I'll come in under 20oz for a full sock enclosure and tarp.

Cheers!