I happened to run across this forum while I was looking for lightweight backpacking gear. I have camped my whole life in a tent. The only place I had ever seen a hammock was in the backyard, never in the woods.I guess I wasn't running with the right crowd. Anyway I am planning an elk hunting trip to Colorado next year in September. I think, after a lot of reading, that a hammock is the way to go, but I have a few questions.

1. Which one? There are soooooooo many. The one that I like the best(from pic's on the net) is the Hennessy's.

2. I will be backpacking in quite a ways in and for 1 week + and I will be moving camp daily(carring it on my back) so I am trying to keep space and weight to a minimum. As far as insulation goes, I will have a Marmot Hydrogen 30* down bag. I know I will need more and I saw the undercover and pad and the overcover. I was wondering how low this would take me.

3.I plan on upgrading to a bigger tarp than what comes with most tarps. The one I like so far in the Speer winter tarp. Good choice???????

I have been reading non-stop on this forum and several other web sites for the last week. There's a lot of info to absorb so I figured I would ask a few spicific ?'s. I'm sure I will have a lot more in the future.

This is a great site.

Thanx for your responses in advance,
Scrat