First, my apologies to Hennessy for using a trademarked product name. If it's out-of-line, please delete.

Happened to be in Academy today and ran across some rifle socks. Intrigued by them, I opened a package and thought these might provide a solution.

They are silicone-treated, polyester/acrylic "socks" meant to cover rifles to protect against scratches, rust, dirt, etc. They are 52" long with a drawstring at one end and stretch a bit to accomodate different sized rifles/shotguns with or without scopes.

All I had to do was use some stitch rippers at the closed end of the rifle sock to open up a hole just wide enough for the cord loops at the end of my ENO Singlenest hammock to go through. I then burned the opening a bit with a lighter and sewed the material to prevent any fraying.

When done with that end...I attached my Hammock Bliss mosquito net cocoon, thread my ENO through the other rifle sock, then repeated the sewing process. (When not needed, I can still move the mosquito net to one end out of the way when I move the socks to reveal the hammock.)

Took it outside and tested it out. Works like a champ! When ready to pack up camp, I slide each sock down (just like one would do with real Hennessy SnakeSkins) and I'm ready to go.

Best of all, the 2 rifle socks cost me a total of $8 out-the-door.