Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
It was/is the most complicted yet no fiddle factor at all UQ ever made. I think I'm keeping mine in the precious museum.
You know, I thought about buying that one that was just sold, but a certain speedy type beat me to it, as he did Rip.

It is one of the few that I never tried. And the general reputation is as you say, MM. But I will be Devil's advocate and throw out 2 possible alternatives to that unequivocal UQ champion:

I speak from ignorance since I have never used Youngblood's design for Speer, the Snugfit. However.
1: In my talks with Ed speer when I was trying to decide between the Snugfit and PeaPod, he told me ( and later a friend of mine ) that while the SF was a superb design that worked consistently, he personally still preferred the PeaPod for his own use. Now I suppose that could have been that he had long years of experience with his PeaPod, which always worked great as it does for virtually every one, so why fix what ain't broke? Who knows.
2: Again, I plead ignorance so grain of salt here, but it is hard for me to imagine anything being less fiddle factor free and more consistently warm than not only the above PeaPod, but a JRB MWUQ clipped onto the loops on my original removable net version of the JRB BMBH. In the fiddle factor free category, I actually place it a bit above the PeaPod and all others. Only because there are some minor adjustments to make with a PeaPod, even though IMO it is very hard to screw it up bad. But there is just not much to adjust with the JRB, actually elastic shock cord does not even play a part. You can get by just clipping on with biners with NO shock cord. ( and there is no shock cord with the PeaPod either, just some nylon cord tied on like tying your shoes)

There are 3 thread titles that I do not think exist in the HF archives, though I could have missed it. Assuming within the rated temp range and used with appropriate hammocks ( and maybe not at all, period! ) you do not see a facsimile of these titles:
1: I was cold in my Speer Snugfit ( at or above rated temps) but then there are few Snugfits out there. Or how about
2: My butt or back was cold in the Speer PeaPod. It is possible to pull it too tight and get a cold butt, but apparently every one has been able to work that out hence no threads about being cold, and it's not even a dif cut!
3: I was cold in my JRB MWUQ on a JRB BMBH ( or even on any hammock? Any one seen that complaint? )

Now I might just have missed those threads. So any one who feels like researching do a search and see how mny threads you can find with complaints about any of the above UQs, and/or problems getting them set up to be as warn as expected.

Of course, some people are way colder natured than others, so if an average person is going to OK at a rated 20F, a few others will be OK at 0-10F and there will always be a few ( my wife or daughter for ex ) others who would be cold in the same quilt at 40. regardless, no threads I know of on this problem with these quilts. If some one was cold there would be threads, so maybe they are out there? ( please note I am not counting the top warmth issue with a Pea Pod here, especially with wider/deeper hammocks, I'm just talking about back warmth)

Still, wish I had bought a Snugfit back in the day, definite collectors item! And I missed that one just sold, what a loser! At least I did get a Climashield Yeti, unlike most of the rest of you losers!