I got my first UQ last week, the Jarbidge, and I love it, but it's got me thinking about the next one. I had to try it out the day it came, and I did in my back yard.

That's not exactly my setup, this is the next day after I put my daughter's hammock up so she could try it out. I was using the same tarp, a WL tadpole, but pulled in tight, and my WBBB. I also had a blue foam pad and my ledge featherlite 20 deg. bag. I slept great until I was dreaming about everything making my feet cold. I was complaining to everyone about it in my dream. I was walking barefoot in snow. That's when I decided to come in. Weather channel app showed 17 degrees with no wind, and I had made it until 4 a.m. before giving up.

Long story short, I'm a convert. I've been lurking for over a year, and I just couldn't believe that the quilts were as good as everyone said. Lesson learned. But I want to keep my toes warm.

So, my question: will a New River long with the apex insulation pack down close in size to the Jarbidge with the standard insulation?