I'm in the planning stages of a UQ. Last year I MYOG'd an IXUQ, but having used it, would like something a bit more dependable as far as fit is concerned and something that will take me lower.

I've pretty much narrowed my choices down to either the Phoneix or the Phincubator in part because of my wanting to customize them. I'm looking at M50 for inner and outer fabrics.

I don't know whether it's better to get a warmer quilt e.g. Phoenix 40* and at some later date look at something more full length or simply go the Phincubator route at say a 30* rating. I like the idea of having full length so as I could eliminate a foot pad, although I may need one for my larger pack. I also use a zimmerbuilt halfpack (lumbar pack) for my XUL/SUL trips which doesn't require any support. I also like the idea of the lighter Phoenix setup.

I'm a UL hiker and will be pushing more SUL and hopefully a couple XUL trips this summer. That being said, weight is extremely important to me, but so is warmth per weight. It's taken me a couple months just to decide on who to go with (was looking at Te-Wa and Leighlo).