I got my XLC late last week and had a chance to sleep in it this weekend at the Uwharrie group hang. Sorry, no pics.. I went to take pics, and realized I forgot the SD card (that makes 2 trips in a row).

I got the 1.1 DL net only (no top cover).

I'm 6'2" and also am the proud owner of the WBBB (which I am keeping for my wife) and my daughter has a Traveler.

My impressions...
  • The extra length definitely helped eliminate calf pressure. I really didn't have too much of a problem in the WBBB, but found the 11' to be even more accommodating.
  • The 'sweet spot' was easier to find.
  • Lying on my side, I definitely felt more room. With the original WBBB, I could still lay on my side, but it was more like laying 3/4th on my side. With the XLC, I was fully on my side and didn't feel cramped. I did not try sleeping on my stomach.
  • You have a better field of vision inside the hammock. Without the bug net, of course, it is much improved over the WBBB. With the bug net on, it is still better than the WBBB. None of the above match the Ridgerunner for views.
  • I like the option of going without the bug net/cover. It was a low of mid-30's here, and no need for the bug net, so I took it off. That is a nice option.
  • With the bug net & extra fabric for 11', the stuff sack is bigger than the WBBB. When I took off the bug net, though, it was same or slightly smaller (more like the Traveler).
  • When you remove the bug net, that also means you lose the shelf. Not really a problem for me, just be aware the shelf/bug net are one piece.
  • One slight critique.. with the WBBB, the zippers can be unzipped to each end of the hammock, allowing you to throw the bug net over the suspension & out of your line of site. With the XLC, the zipper starts/stops right around where my head was in the hammock. It slightly impeded my view when I had the bug net thrown over the ridgeline. Of course, for non-buggy situations you can just unzip the whole thing.
  • I may be in a small percentage of the population, but I liked the 11' XLC better than the RidgeRunner. This speaks partly to the lay of each, but also to the fact the tarp/UQ's I have fit gathered end hammocks, and it's like a swiss army knife where you can chose what options to carry with you.
  • If you are setting up the XLC, be sure to watch Brandon's videos on putting the foot end higher, and sleeping with your head more toward the end than in the WBBB.
  • The SuperFly covered the XLC just fine

A number of other hangers tried it out, and I think a general consensus was they liked the 11' vs. 10' & the additional sight lines (though not anywhere as good as the Ridgerunner). Some are now torn on whether to upgrade their WBBB to the WBRR or the XLC.

Ah, the conundrums of a hammocker.