I want to purchase a hammock for lightweight backpacking and after reading all I could find about insulating I've concluded a couple of things 1) a pad won't keep me warm at 35 degrees in a gathered end hammock. 2) an under quilt may keep me warm in a gathered end hammock at 35 degrees if I'm willing to pay for it and I'm willing to carry the bulk 3) a clark nx-250 MAY work for me at 35 degrees without an expensive and bulky underquilt. I'm in Atlanta where we have a really short spring and relatively short fall. Those are the seasons I like to backpack and I need to be warm at 35 degree night time temps which we get in the mountains at night. Can anyone give me some idea of what I would need to go with the NX-250 to stay warm with a 20 degree down bag. I'm 6', 250 lbs and generally can sleep comfortably in a 20 degree bag on a thermarest ridgerest pad in a tent in 20 degree temps. The microclimate developed by the clark when enclosed leads me to believe it could sleep much warmer than a gathered end hammock, but I don't want to shell out the dough only to find I'm cold using it. I'm a lightweight backpacker and the hammock, any hammock, will weigh more than the gear i've got. so, experimenting by adding more insulation after I buy the hammock won't work so well for me due to the additional weight penalty. Any comments about insulation and particularly the nx-250 are appreciated.