I finally got up the nerve to go out in my back yard and put up the HH Explorer UL Aysm that Hammock Engineer has loaned me. I got in OK, I got comfy on my back, comfy about 1/2 way on my left side, and not-comfy on 1/2 way on my right side (expected that without a pad). Then I tried to get out.

I had tied the hammock between waist and chest high and it was about chair height went I went in - it was maybe 8" off the ground when I tried to get out. I did it by myself but it took about 20 minutes of struggling - neighbors were coming over offering to help while trying to keep a straight face. (my gear antics amuse my neighbors most of the time).

So I re-tied the hammock as high as I could - probable about 6.5 ft and climbed in again (with some difficulty as the opening was at the top of my hips). Again I was comfy on back and left side. When I went to get out, I could barely get the hammock open. It mashed the dino with significant force. I was only able to get out by hanging onto the part where the velcro is and pretty much reenacting my birth experience. I'm wondering if I have a cone head

What am I doing wrong?