From the land of vinegar based BBQ and where Mac and Cheese is a vegetable. Haven't started hanging yet but in the process of making it come to fruition. I am an old Eagle Scout that never knew the option of hanging over the last 35 years. Something about laying on the cold ground must mess up your eyesight and viewpoint. Tuned in to a Scoutcircle web program hosted by Arlen and Clarke that had Derek Hansen talking about his new book "The Ultimate Hang" and was convinced right then and there, I needed to get up into the rareified air. Bought the book 30 seconds later on the Kindle. Then the next day looked on Youtube at some guy named Shug, hammocks and string music? Awesome. I knew instantly he was my kind of guy!! Answering questions I didn't even know I had.

I am den leader for my son's Cub Scout den and we'll certainly be hanging at our fall campout next month. Hoping to DIY it for the first go around. Have material on order and going to be hitting the local outdoor shops for webbing and hardware for suspension.

Joined here yesterday and have been on hammock overload for 24 hours. Hey, who needs sleep right?

Frank