Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and figured this would be a great site to get info on backpacking with a hammock. I am currently purchasing new gear for my solo backpacking kit. I plan on using this kit on the east coast hiking the AT, Shenandoah, WV, PA area . Im looking to buy shelter prefferably a new hammock for 1-3 day trips. But I am stuck on wether to buy a hammock or tent. Noob question. Has anyone found themselves being in an aerea unable to hang your hammock. i became a beliver of hammocks about 4 years ago when I was on the AT (Annapolis Rock) and was supposed to camp at a designated site. well being ontop on a cliff, all the comfortable spots, or spots that had dirt was taken up. I had a tent and was forced to sleep ontop of a rock slab. I noticed 3 guys hanging near the cliff in there hammock. Figured hey they have to be comfortable. So being a bigger guy I am leaning towards the ENO complete kit, just cause I need a hammock that will hold
300lbs. but the complete kit is like 3lbs or so for $200.00 where I can get a a UL Big Agnes tent for $300.00 around the same weight. My objective is the usual 25lb pack (40L Osprey Stratos 40). Any advice or pointing to the right direction is greatly appreciated.