Nothing new here, just sharing a bit about a preferred piece of kit.

Have had my Old Man Winter deployed daily since receiving end of last year, all part of my under the stars for a year project.

Been using the spreader bars about half that time.

Got about 9 inches of snow followed by a couple inches of slush and rain the following day. These pics were snapped a day after that and the rain had washed away much of the snow and what was left was a crusty weight.

Normally I would not have the spreader bars in use under these conditions as the simple A Frame setup sheds the snow better. Just didn't remember to take them off. Here's hoping the OMW will see much more snow in the near future.

Had to clear the tarp 3 times, hence the piles around the bottom.

Can't say enough about this tarp, really enjoy using it. The doors are a must have for wind break. 8+ months of daily use has given me a real perspective on what this tarp is and what it isn't and short of light hiking, this is my goto shelter.

While I have not tried some of the other excellent tarps offered by our cottage makers, my experience with tarps dates back to 1978 when I first started backpacking, my pack was 8 lbs and a tarp was my shelter back then. Encouraging folks to use tarp, imho, helps them enjoy the wilderness just a little bit more each day they are out there.

I will be adding more pics to my WL OMW album here: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...p?albumid=3206