Hi everyone!

My partner and I are new to hammock camping and find it very interesting. We have made our own hammocks (plain and simple, yet comfortable and effective). They are made with ripstop nylon.

We were itching to give them a try, so we set them up in the back yard. We had our hammocks set up with a 1/2" CCF pad and then our lightweight sleeping bags. It was a beuatiful night so we decided we would sleep without tarps. By the way we live on the Coast of B.C.(Canada) so the temps. at night hover around 5-6C. We went to crawl in and they were damp(top of sleeping bag and sides of hammock). We stayed the night out anyways.

The next night it was clear again so we decided to set up with a temperary tarp, because we haven't made our lightweight ones yet. We purchased some poly tarps and set them up. We were checking on the outside of the tarps and they were dry. Thinking we were going to have a dry night we went to crawl in and low and behold they were damp again.

As I said before, we are new to this and we are not experienced when it comes to hammock camping. Is there something we are doing wrong? Does anyone have a suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!