Hi All,

I am currently using my Mt Rogers as my top quilt, and thinking about trimming it a little to shave some weight and size it more appropriately to a hammock TQ. The quilt is in great shape (like, perfect), but at 62" wide and 84" long, it tends to pile up on top of me in my hammock. Then, too, when I'm on the ground there seems to be more quilt than I need.

So, I'm thinking of trimming it to around 52-54" wide, getting rid of the full-length velcro, and maybe keeping the length intact - or maybe taking 4 inches off length (but probably not).

First, is this a dumb idea? It'll save me a few hundred bucks on a new TQ, and I frankly never have used this quilt on my home bed. Even the UQs out there are only 48" or so, so in its present state my Mt Rogers seems to want to be trimmed a little. But might I do better to just sell this and pick something else up?

Second, what is a really good width? Seems everybody makes their quilts to be between 48-55" for slim to XL. Even the long/wide ones are only 55" or so and 78-79" long.

Third, with the full-length velcro on both long edges, I figure I can trim at least 5 oz from the quilt, establish more loft (since the down will be in a skinnier area), and a better fit for my 6' 190 lb frame in my gathered-end rig.

I'd like to get a sanity check from some smart people before I fall into my 'Sweeney Todd' persona and go to town on it.

THANKS!!!