If anyone is interested I thought about "arranging" a SKAHO (Scandinavian Kick *** Hang Out) in Muddus Nationalpark in beginning of June (5-8).

Muddus Nationalpark is a forest-nationalpark located between Jokkmokk and Gällivare in Lapland. It has been a nationalpark since 1945 and is famous for it´s untouched forests and birdlife. It is also famous for it´s big and numerous bogs and the mosquitos.....

The dates I have picked is good for especially 2 reasons:
1. The mosquitos are not really awaken that early in the summer. Some of them can be awake but the most of them come around midsummer.
2. The 6th of June (friday) is Swedens Nationalday so all swedes have a day off for work that day.

There is a trail in the southeast part of Muddus (where the big forest is) and along that trail there is cabins. If you don´t wish to sleep in cabins it is still possible to cook your food there.

There are 2 ways of approaching the trail-system.
1. The most common way is from the south (Skaite). From that trail it is approx 7 km (uphill) to the "Muddus-fall", a very nice waterfall. Once there you can get on the trail that goes around Muddus, that trail is totally 38km. At the end of that trail you are back at the Muddusfall and has 7km downhill to Skaite.
2. The other way is from the east (Solaure). From there it is 4km to the first cabin (Manson) where you get on the Muddustrail (38km)

Since I like to hike I think it would be nice to walk the whole trail and since the trail between Skaite and Muddusfall is very tough it is much easier to start in Solaure. That way you make the climb by car and you can walk almost flat the complete hike.

Along the trail there are 4 cabins, 2 of them are big (Muddusfallet and Muddusloubbal). 2 of them are small (Manson and Nammatesvare). Since we probably won´t need the cabins we can camp wherever we like but close to the cabins there are places to get water so camping close to cabins is a smart idea.

How to get to Muddus?
If you come from far away you can go by airplane to Gällivare or by train to either Gällivare or Nattavaara. If we decide to start in Solaure it is better to get off in Nattavaara but if we decide to start in Skaite it is better with Gällivare.
Once you get to Gällivare/Nattavaara I can help to arrange transport. If we get maximum 4 people in total I can pick you up in my car but if we get more I suggest that you rent a car/caravan.

So, anyone interested?
Any questions?

My hammockforum-album from Muddus:
https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...hp?albumid=805