WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    AE Ridgecreek
    Suspension
    Beckett Hitch
    Images

JRB High Sierra Sniveller as UQ (Suspension Questions)

I got a JRB High Sierra Sniveller on a FS thread a while back for real cheap (compared to a new one) and I was planning on using it as an UQ on my JRB BMBH. It obviously is meant as a TQ but I'm trying to make it work because its what I've got. I added tie out loops to the foot end to hang the quilt by.

I tried it out for the first time last night with the low of around 20 degrees. After two hours I woke up and my legs and feet were cold. The rest of me was fairly warm but I could tell the quilt was venting too much around my legs and feet but was being compressed way too much from my head to hips.

So I got up and adjusted the way I had is suspended. I instantly felt warmth from my head to my rear but my feet were still frozen.

Came in this morning and started looking up about UQs for the BMBH. Figured out the way the Jacks say to suspend their UQs. Did this a while ago and the quilt looks like it fits better but it was still venting too much around the hips. (The quilt is wider at the head and hips than at the foot end.) So I got out more shock cord and hooked both middle tie outs to the underside of my tarp. (By the way, is my tarp upside down? I've seam sealed it. Does it matter either way?) Seems like it has a pretty good seal on the sides now. I'm going to try it out again tonight. I also put a half length pad under my legs and feet.

Question is, has anyone ever used anything like this? Have any suggestions on the suspension or how to make this set up work better? I don't have money to go buy a new UQ so, that suggestion isn't going to help a lot. Sorry for this being so long. Any advice is appreciated! Also, plan on trying the hot water in a nalgene bottle thing to keep my feet warm.
    Attached Images Attached Images

• + New Posts