So I've got several yards of ripstop material already and I've made several stuff sacks. I just finished my DIY bug net (didn't take pictures wasn't sure it would work) when I build the second one Ill try to post photos of that project. I'm gonna try to take photos of the UQ project and write it up as detailed as I can.

Here is my plan:
48"x60" UQ I ordered 3 yards of 6.0 apex climashield and 2 yards of 2.1 apex climashield from Outdoor Wilderness Fabrics. I am going to make the UQ 48" wide with the 6.0 then run a 36" wide strip of the 2.1 down the center to add insulation directly under my core. We will be using a North Face Cats Meow 20° for a top quilt that we use to camp on the ground with Thermarest pads that has kept us comfortable in the low 30's. The 6.0 is rated @ 1-2" loft so at 1.5 (split the difference) it would rate around 30°. The 2.1 is rated @ 3/8-5/8 so at 1/2" (again split the difference) it would rate around 80°. The end result will be the 6inches on each side will be rated at 30° the center core with the two added together will rate at 20°. So if my calculations are correct I should have an UQ with a rating of ~20° at least I hope so we both are cold natured.

I'd love to hear opinions on my calculations, whether you agree or disagree. Id also be intrigued to hear any personal experience with the climashiled apex (so far I have found good reviews)as to how warm it kept you and what thickness you ended up with.