SuperFly vs. Mama Nature

SuperFly: 1
Mama Nature: 0

Anybody been watching the news and thinking; "I wonder if Cannibal got sucked up by a tornado or beaned in the head with hail"? No and yes. Too fat for the tornadoes to get me and lots of practice dodging them in Kansas as a teen. But, I did get beaned a few times with the hail.

Long version - short: Went up to the hills this weekend for a meetup event. Weather was beautiful when seen through a window, but the wind was constant all evening and night. I was under my MacCat Deluxe (sil) as I had loaned out all of my winter tarps and the wind was so strong that the tarp wall was pressed against my hammock all night; glad it wasn't raining. I was even set-up on the leeward side of Genuine Draft who was using a SuperFly and still had wind issues.

Anyway, come Sunday morning Mama Nature figured if the wind wouldn't get us then maybe some hail. Threw the SuperFly up and huddled underneath for about 20 minutes. You know that feeling when you're in your car, stuck in a hailstorm and you keep waiting for the next one to shatter your windshield...that's how it felt. I was all worried, but the SuperFly held marvelously. First time in a bad hailstorm under a tarp. I've been in a few with penny sized hail, but this was golf ball sized and up stuff; hurt like heck! It was fun watching the hail from inside the tarp, but a little nerve racking. Love my SuperFlies!

That's it, have fun!