I just want to let people know that I applied GearAid Seam Grip to a DIY silnylon tarp, but the seam sealer did not work.

So I am making a tarp for a friend, and as you know I had to seal the seam where the two pieces of fabric connect. And so I tried GearAid Seam Grip. It was about 70F and I let it dry outside for at least 12 hours. It was not raining and wasn't particularly humid (although I live in the deep south and humidity is constant). The next day I went to check out the sealer and it pealed off readily without much effort and also when the tarp moved too much. I was disappointed.

Now I will have to get some DIY seam sealer (silicone & mineral spirits), which I know works on silnylon.

I don't mean to discredit the product, however, I suspect that the manufacturer knows what materials their product works on and what materials it doesn't. It should be printed on the packaging, what works and doesn't. It does say on the package that it is "Ideal for PU coated and uncoated material'; but again I think they should say it doesn't work on silnylon.

The reason I chose to use this product is b/c I used it before on PU coated nylon. It worked wonderfully on that material. I suspect it would also work on uncoated nylon (although I haven't tried).

Anyway, I just wanted to let people know my experience with the product and warn people not to use it with silnylon.