Tarp
    Cat Tarp Standard
    Insulation
    JRB MTW4 & MTW3
    Suspension
    ropes with huggers
    Images

Clark NA Review

This hammock is extremely comfortable. Much more comfortable than most of it's competitors.

What I like:
    Comfort, Comfort, Comfort, Weather Shield, bug net (removable).

What I don't like:
    tarp, ropes and drip rings

Comfort:
    This hammock is a Cadillac when it comes to comfort. For me it is top of the line in comfort. What more can I say. I can easily sleep on my side too.

Tarp:
    Get real, the tarp is the size of a Kleenex. It does not really protect the bottom of the hammock from cross wind/rain. I have tested it in minimal rain and kept dry, but fear using it in a bad storm. If you have a down under quilt (UQ) I would not use this tarp in the rain for fear the UQ will get soaked. I prefer small tarps, but this one doesn't seem to look like it would work very well. Cross winds/rain could be a serious issue.

I really do like the system used to keep the bug net suspended. It works very well.

Weather Shield:
    This is the best feature on the hammock as far as I am concerned. I absolutely love it. It helps keep you warm, and kees the rain out. However, it is only water resistant, not water proof.

Ropes:
    Terrible, I woke up on the ground every time I used them because they stretch so much.

Drip Rings:
    Not bad, but can easily get lost because they are not permanently attached.

Bottom Pockets:
    They don't work very for keeping warm. I have tried many different items. However, I tried some Climashield xp and it seems to work pretty well. I am having some down mini-under-quits made to stuff int he pockets. We'll so how they work. I'll write another review.

The pockets make it awkward for putting an under quilt on the hammock. I need to do more experimenting to see if the pockets are worth using for keeping warm.

Quality:
    I give this hammock a high mark for craftsmanship and quality. It is very well construced, very durable and looks great.

Overall:
    I give this hammock high marks, however I would like to see some mods. Ditch the bottom pockets, replace the ropes and drip rings with better quality ones. I can live with the pockets, but have to figure out the best way to use them to keep warm. I will keep trying and post all my findings.

If your in the market for a hammock I would consider the Clark. However, I find the price to be much too high when comparing to their competitors. The Claytor JH is 1/2 the price and is just as comfortable. It is just as good of a quality too. However, the Claytor lacks the features of the Clark. If you like features, and have the cash, go for the Clark.
    Last edited by hacktorious; 06-25-2009 at 20:22.
    Scott Macri
    www.IronFlyOptions.com

• + New Posts