Hello all,
I am just getting started in this method of camping. I have always loved napping in net hammocks throughout my travels, but have always used a tent for camping. Will still use a tent for a while for my children and trying to get my wife to go. I am getting ready to whip up a hammock using a taffeta tablecloth and will get some treated ripstop to make a tarp. I am pretty handy with a thread-injector, therefore I am not afraid to tackle anything within my budget (which is pretty small right now). I will be using a marlin-spike hitch/whoopie sling for suspension and considering a couple of poncho liners to make fair weather quilts out of.

I wondered upon the site by watching Shug's videos on YouTube, and have also found Just-Jeff's website. I never knew that hammock camping was so doable or popular until now. The plethora of information you all have here has me pretty excited.

A little about myself... I am a 8 year Navy veteran and I recently resigned from a 9 year stint with the DoD/Missile Defense Agency. I decided I was tired of missing my children grow up, so I started college last spring and am on a path to get into law. I am not absolutely sure if I will be practicing or enforcing. I have about a year and a half to decide that.

V/R,
Whiskey