Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BG Mosquito hammock initial thoughts

Okay guys,
    Please bear with me as this is my first hammock.... EVER. I got it on sale at REI.

Straight out of the box my initial impressions is that it's a bit more bulky than What i had envisioned. I put my size 12 foot in the shot for size reference:

The rope used to pull the hammock together is in fact tubular nylon. the beaners are junk. i've gotten better ones at dollar general.

I strung the ropes up well above my head, but ended up letting it down some.

this thing has stray thread EVERYWHERE. it makes me doubt it's longetivity

i'm 74" tall and i had PLENTY of room in the hammock. however, i did not hang it level so i kept sliding down. wished there was a strap or something in the head to pull up on.

hanging with my 205lb rear end in it

i'm not a fan of the way the bug net is set up. I had tied the rope that came with it to the doober that the beaner hooks to. i needed to hang it on the tree above where the straps were. it was all in my face, crowding me, and made me a bit clausterphobic. I'll toy with that later. Also showing where the rope goes through to hold it up.

and the obligatory kid shot.

I was comfortable in the hammock. I need to adjust how I hang it, and how I lay and I think it'd be great. My kids loved it. As I need three total, i'm definately giving the hammock bliss sky bed a try next. but for $$40something SHIPPED... shoot. can't go wrong.

ETA: I don't like the sewn on bag. I think i'd prefer a stuff sack where I can put one end in and stuff to the other side. that way I can Hook up one end on the straps, and walk to the other side and have it come out as i walk and then hang on the other side. Either that or i'm going to pick up a set of snake skins
    Last edited by arolfsen; 07-25-2014 at 18:20.

• + New Posts