I've been lurking in this forum for about a month now and have seen tons of ideas and projects that have been very helpful. This resource has been fantastic to say the least. In my searching through the forum on different DIY hammocks I have yet to see what I am about to present. I'm sure its there and I just overlooked it but I'll ask anyway.

I am a big boy (6', 265lb) and want to make my own hammock. I recently bought an Eno Doublenest when REI had them on sale a few weeks back but I want to try my hand at my own. Because of my size I feel pretty sure that I need to go with a double layer but also want something a little wider than the 60" width that many of the materials come in. So my thought is to take two layers and instead of matching them up to be 60" wide, offset it to where there is a 12" single layer on each side. That would give me a total width of 72" (minus seams) and leave the main body of the hammock at @48" double layered. Any thoughts on how much, if any, this would impact the weight capacity of the hammock? I'm considering the 1.6 HyperD if that factors into the equation any.