Tarp
    DIY Xenon Sil,
    Insulation
    3s Yeti
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    No. He hasn't shown much interest yet! Can you believe that?????
    We will have to work on him at Watoga.
    Yes, Ed Lee, bring that guitar!

Hammock
    WBRR, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WL OMW, DW Hex
    Insulation
    Lynx & Wooki UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cilp Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    No. He hasn't shown much interest yet! Can you believe that?????
    I guess I don't need to bring the WBBB XLC for him to borrow then?

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Sil,
    Insulation
    3s Yeti
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    Anyone that hiked/biked the GBRRT; are there any camp areas north of Seebert that are NOT good for hanging? I do not want to take a ground pad for the just-in-case stuff, but I will if I may end up in a site that has no decent trees. Does "plenty of room to tether horses" possibly mean lots of trees for hanging? I will most likely be at the campsite around Sitlington, the one just below Clover Lick, the one below Sharps Tunnel and an off chance of the site between Marlinton and Beaver Creek (Beaver creek BTW is an awesome place to hang!).

Also, does anyone need me to throw in some extra stuff: hammock, tarp, UQ/TQ. I can probably come up with a full set for someone short in stature.

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Sil,
    Insulation
    3s Yeti
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    Have been looking at the long-range forecast for next Saturday night. Major disagreement in the forecasts with night temps ranging from 21 degrees (accuweather) to 40 degrees (NOAH and Weather Underground). That is around 20 degree difference! So, prepare for the worst and hope Accuweather is wrong. Otherwise, the forecasts pretty much agree on the rain (not a lot) and the day temps.

I could not find the 20 degrees forecast on Accuweather. Both Marlington and Falling Springs have forecast lows in the high 30's on this mornings Accuweather, and NWS, and Weather Underground.

I would be inclined to go with lows in the 37-39 range on Friday and Saturday night. based on today's forecasts.

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Sil,
    Insulation
    3s Yeti
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefH View Post
    I could not find the 20 degrees forecast on Accuweather. Both Marlington and Falling Springs have forecast lows in the high 30's on this mornings Accuweather, and NWS, and Weather Underground.

I would be inclined to go with lows in the 37-39 range on Friday and Saturday night. based on today's forecasts.
    I figured out the 20 degree part of the Accuweather forecast. Mine pulls up the "real feel" temperature and it looks like the main temperature. Temps are upper 30's for all the forecasts. Whew! that makes me feel warmer already.

Hammock
    Dutchwear HalfZip
    Tarp
    Squidbilly made
    Insulation
    HG 20º Incubator,
    Suspension
    Straps with beetle
    Images
    We going to have a big stack of firewood? We could go up to that shelter where we had that big potluck once before. It was so warm and cozy in there after the meal.
    "Lets drive up to the Hills and get lost somewhere..." Chinatown by Folk Soul Revival
    Life is a Thru Hike... Hike Well. ΙΧΘΥΣ

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverpalm2x View Post
    We going to have a big stack of firewood? We could go up to that shelter where we had that big potluck once before. It was so warm and cozy in there after the meal.
    That was nice, wasn't it? That was 2013 when we had 50 people at Watoga for Fall MAHHA. Then we rented the shelter to reserve it. I just checked, and it is not reserved for Saturday the 22nd. If no one reserves it in the meantime, we could move the Saturday events (raffle and potluck supper) to the shelter, but we would decide on that Friday night. (Saves $75 shelter rental fee.) That would mean moving 5 miles up the road, which is inconvenient. I'll string up a big tarp at the campground Thursday, which should provide ample protection. Let's see what the weather does and what the group wants to do. (There is firewood at the picnic shelter. Also a place to plug in crockpots.)

Hammock
    Dutchwear HalfZip
    Tarp
    Squidbilly made
    Insulation
    HG 20º Incubator,
    Suspension
    Straps with beetle
    Images
    @wv has it really been since 2013 since we weren't Watoga that is much too long.

what are the plans for the weekend? There is a raffle? How much is a ticket? Who does it benefit? (Watoga?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Lets drive up to the Hills and get lost somewhere..." Chinatown by Folk Soul Revival
    Life is a Thru Hike... Hike Well. ΙΧΘΥΣ

Hammock
    DIY
    Images

WaHHA schdule

A number of us, have been back each October since then. I think the second or third year we decided to name it WaHHA. The weather system seems to be moving in (and out) quicker than originally forecast, so I hope Friday evening and Saturday may be clear. The temperatures will drop Friday and Saturday nights. I'm planning to lead a hike for the intrepid (i.e. - Hickery) Saturday morning, about a 7 mile loop, with half a mile or so of easy bushwhacking (downhill) to connect two parallel trails. It might take 4 or 5 hours, so we'll take snacks and water. There are other trail loops I can recommend that can be done in an hour or two. The trails in the Arboretum are especially nice, as is the Monongaseneka Trail. Fishing in the lake might be good.

There is a raffle; tickets are $10. Proceeds pay for the campsites and firewood, and benefit the Watoga State Park Foundation. Dutch is sending some stuff, and individuals may contribute if they want. 2Q and ZQ arrived at the park yesterday. I'm putting a People's Bridge Hammock in as a prize, too.

ChiefH suggested that we have the Saturday potluck supper at the Picnic Shelter, the way we did 4 years ago. It's 5 miles down the road, so we'd need to transport everything there early afternoon and get a fire started. We'll decide Friday night. We'll have an informal hammock tour around 1 PM Saturday if I'm back from the hike. That's the plan.

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast