Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.7dbl,Dangerbird 65
    Tarp
    Speer WinterTarp
    Insulation
    UGQ,JRB,MM
    Suspension
    WB, Whoopie Slings
    Ha ha ha! Loved your new video Shug! I believe I watched the last 2 min about half a dozen times...I was fascinated and grossed out...just couldn't look away!

Also, loved the frost shield idea, that stove looked pretty neat, and I want me a Foster's mug...time for a new DIY project!

Thanks for the info and laughs!

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Only on Hammock Forum would people watch a grown man blow mucus out of his nostrils for entertainment.
    But then we're also watching a grown man sleep outside in minus 17 degree cold just for the fun of it.
    We are indeed a strange lot.
    Rock On Shug Daddy...... The Snot Master

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by trinni View Post
    Shug, you're a crazy man!!!
    The wife must also be crazy to let you do all that stuff!
    I get a lot of head shakes and eye-rolling! She is very used to me.....

Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    Finally got to watch this vid....MY GOD MAN you are out of conrol....all was good, typical excellent Shug educational vid of hammocking and staying warm, then to watch that fluid run out of your nose! You need help, quickly! Haldol? Geodon?
    OK on the serious side I cracked several ribs
    Yes ....haldol please!!!!!
    I love ribs.....

Quote Originally Posted by babelfish5 View Post
    Your a better man that I am Shug. I would hve just looked out the window of my nice warm house and whimpered like a little girl at the thought of going out in that kind of cold.

Of course I am a southern boy. I was 35 before I realized that ice was frozen water. "You mean water can FREEZE!!??"
    Texas heat is murder on me!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppabear View Post
    You warned us but I wasn't ready. I laughed so hard that my sides hurt watching the netty pot scene! Thanks for doing what you do!
    I love when folks hurt at my exploits. Fun for me to do these and continue to earn.

Quote Originally Posted by TZBrown View Post
    I would have loved to go.
    If You or one of the other Northern ones would have went, you could have stayed here after the first 12 hr drive, and I would have been glad to drive the second 12 to NC.
    I just don't like talking to myself for 12 straight hours, But I have before.
    I will be watching for their reports.
    TZ
    You'll have to join Hickery and I on the SHT here sometime......
    I took your advise on those MRE meals ....easy. Enchiladas are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Old River Rat View Post
    I have never in my life seen anyone use a netti pot. That was hilarious, but I cannot see how you did not drown. I thought you were just going to let steam go up your nose.

It is getting down into the 20's here in Louisiana. That is serious cold down here! I put booties on the chickens.

Not really.
    I want to see some booted chickens!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunk View Post
    Ha ha ha! Loved your new video Shug! I believe I watched the last 2 min about half a dozen times...I was fascinated and grossed out...just couldn't look away!

Also, loved the frost shield idea, that stove looked pretty neat, and I want me a Foster's mug...time for a new DIY project!

Thanks for the info and laughs!
    I thought everyone had netti pots......
    The foster mug is my favorite coffee cup.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    Another Great Video. I'm amazed at how low you guys can get with the hammocks. Last year I got down to 3*F and that was some serious cold to me. I bet that you could spit ice at that temp.

Looks like you're wearing a neoprene mask now... new item to the cold arsenal? I switched to a mask this year as well due to the balaclava retaining too much moisture over my face and to get more comfort without breathing obstruction.

Anyway great vid again.... Now I'm going to show the netti pot scene to my Fiance' and watch her gag LOL
    "If you give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone, you dont blame the monkey"

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

http://watermonkey.net/

Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RaulPerez1?feature=mhee

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Raul Perez View Post
    Now I'm going to show the netti pot scene to my Fiance' and watch her gag LOL
    Seems to be a common theme developing here...see what you started SuperT? Hope you are proud of yourself.

Hammock
    ENO/tablecloth
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap
    shug, great video once again.......netti pot.....priceless!!!!!
    Peanuts

"A womans place is on the trail"

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
    Only on Hammock Forum would people watch a grown man blow mucus out of his nostrils for entertainment.
    But then we're also watching a grown man sleep outside in minus 17 degree cold just for the fun of it.
    We are indeed a strange lot.
    Rock On Shug Daddy...... The Snot Master
    I am rockin' again tonight out in the hammock ....-13º or so and I am going to use less TQ and UQ than last time. I just gotta know.
    I love that ya'll watch this millarky!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raul Perez View Post
    Another Great Video. I'm amazed at how low you guys can get with the hammocks. Last year I got down to 3*F and that was some serious cold to me. I bet that you could spit ice at that temp.

Looks like you're wearing a neoprene mask now... new item to the cold arsenal? I switched to a mask this year as well due to the balaclava retaining too much moisture over my face and to get more comfort without breathing obstruction.

Anyway great vid again.... Now I'm going to show the netti pot scene to my Fiance' and watch her gag LOL
    It is actually just a fleece mask that I have had for years. Always with me on the winter jaunts. Way more comfortable on my face than my neo mask.
    I am so glad your going to gross the Gal with the netti action!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg View Post
    Seems to be a common theme developing here...see what you started SuperT? Hope you are proud of yourself.
    Man .... I love when others gross others.... my work is done!
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    PolyD
    Tarp
    OES MacCat ultra
    Insulation
    New River KAQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks
    Images
    HAhahahahahahaaa Holy c»l¤ Batman that is just to funny.
    I have seen temps. That low sence I was in college in ID.
    Tortoise never for a moment stopped, but went on with a slow but steady pace straight to the end of the course.
    Translated by George Fyler Townsend. Aesop's Fables (p. 18). Amazon Digital Services, Inc..

Hammock
    Skeeter Beeter
    Insulation
    down bag, pad
    Suspension
    strap,biner,D-ring
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    I am rockin' again tonight out in the hammock ....-13º or so and I am going to use less TQ and UQ than last time. I just gotta know.
    The Shug-o-naut- to go where no man has gone before.

Have never tried a netti pot. My AIR passages are screaming "don't even think about it. It ain't natural!"

Thanks for sharing the video.
    Last edited by X-Lem; 01-22-2011 at 21:31.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird Double Layer 1.0, DYI
    Tarp
    The Edge
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ HG-TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Dutchware
    Images

-17 Degrees- "Starring the Shug"

Congratulations Shug on your -17 degrees hang with no cold spots! I've been waiting for this vid for a while now and man did you produce.

Like mbiraman said:

Quote Originally Posted by mbiraman View Post
    Great vid Shug. Great to have video reference of the winter systems for those of us who are slowly being brought into winter hanging.
    Thanks for going over your systems so thoroughly. I learn allot from this. Haven't personally done that extreme cold winter camping ever and from a hammock to boot. Very smooth vid filming Shug, not to fast/slow or to repeatedly, while doing your gear reviews.

Looks like the frost bib is a keeper piece of equipment for now really does it’s job. Also the new alki stove of yours seemed to work real well with that low of temp and with no muss or fuss, nice.

Good way to start your vid with the MSR Stove with how to boil snow tips. "That MSR stove seems to kick some serious butt." Great cold weather clothing over view too, always take notes on your gear type and material you are using. .

Think you are dialing in your cold weather sleep system close to perfection.

Your a talented guy Shug, would like to see a vid of you using your netti pot while laying inside your hammock!!! LoL... Kidding folks, just kidding....

As always Shug thanks for sharing…

Question: Did your MSR stove fuel bottle have a pump handle on it or was that part of the fuel line hook up? Sorry, I'm not familiar with that type of stove.
    I hike with SCISSORS cause it makes me feel dangerous ... LoL

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast