Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    This is an entertaining thread for sure. My wife always comments on my lack of modesty, 60's upbringing, my old hippie coming through. However, she is very concerned about it.

She has a superfly with doors, problem solved. She can set it so all you see are ankles. Now those ankles look pretty sweet to me. Specially with the sexy chacos.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Being a male....I don't like the females to see me changing....as I am a red-headed pale skinned feller. A lot of white meat covered in orange fluff. Actually with me...most look away in shock and awe.

So.....un-do pants and drop past thighs....sit in hammock...tarp pitched down.....fresh pants and panties in your case pre-set and handy here...pull off pant and panties...humming madly....pull on panties...have boots off....panty up....move to pants...pull rapidly....sigh...be proud, half-way there.
    Shirts off quickly....fresh shirts on hammock for speedy access......shirt on quickly.....hum a lot.....throw M&Ms as distraction.
    then.... stride back all cleanly fresh and ask if anyone missed you.
    Shug
    Shock and awe...
    I vote for a video..who else?

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle View Post
    Shock and awe...
    NC-17???
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    HH, CJH NX-250, WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc

Are you a DIY person?

I bought a 2-pack of cheap fleece throw blankets. Laid one atop the other and stitched the sides and top, leaving openings for my head and arms.

Net result is a warm poncho, suitable for changing clothing (hammocking or at paddling put-ins and take-outs) that also doubles as an insulating layer in my WBBB 1.7 double, or as a light summer TQ. ALso good for sitting around the campfire, as long as you are careful about flaming embers.

Jim

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsaults View Post
    I bought a 2-pack of cheap fleece throw blankets. Laid one atop the other and stitched the sides and top, leaving openings for my head and arms.

Net result is a warm poncho, suitable for changing clothing (hammocking or at paddling put-ins and take-outs) that also doubles as an insulating layer in my WBBB 1.7 double, or as a light summer TQ. ALso good for sitting around the campfire, as long as you are careful about flaming embers.

Jim
    Great idea!! I like it.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Now on the other hand, AnimalControl from the forums stuck his head into my tarp at an inappropriate moment.
    I'm blind, I'm blind!!!

seriously, if anyone wants to see how "translucent" cuben fiber can be, Stormcrow decided to model for me (I scored a few pics)
    looked like a ham wrapped in plastic wrap!!!
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Traveler
    Tarp
    OES Custom 12 x 10
    Insulation
    Custom Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing...for now
    Hi Diva

You pm'ed my other half, Tendertoe, not too long ago. Welcome! Hope to see you at a hang soon!

I always hang my hammock (if possible) on the outskirts of camp so that I can hang myself a nice little tarp porch with the outer-facing side of my tarp. That way, I can stand up next to my hammock without anyone else around seeing me change (except maybe my half naked feet . You can always adjust your tarp after if you need that side down. This can depend on if you're the first to arrive or not, but I find that it usually works out.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Sometimes I've seen my wife simply remove the tarp guylines from the stakes and let it drape down along the hammock essentially providing a wall of privacy. If you do both sides you are pretty much totally enclosed.

When changing my pants I usually just sit in the hammock with my lower legs outside. Your unmentionables are below the edge of the hammock and can only be seen by the most prying eyes. I've also simply changed them while in the hammock with the bug net zipped. Again, you really have to be looking to see anything.

Miguel

Images
    Shock and awe...
    Whoooo Buddy!!!!
    Brian
    ...and there came to be a day, all too soon, that I became aware that I could travel no more on my long journey. Though I did not arrive where I had planned, I believe that here is exactly where I am supposed to be...

Images
    Sometimes it amazes me just how well a gray tarp with safety orange guylines can blend into the wood line. Even more so a secluded little spot where you are trying to relax over a cathole. I've found that people can unintentionally wander up on you during the most inconvenient of moments. Usually a well-timed and stern "GO AWAY" lets them know they are entering an area where they are not wanted and saves them from a future PTSD disability claim.
    Brian
    ...and there came to be a day, all too soon, that I became aware that I could travel no more on my long journey. Though I did not arrive where I had planned, I believe that here is exactly where I am supposed to be...

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast